Focus World brought on Submersive to promote RAW, with the goal of positioning the film as both a horror film and an art house coming-of-age story. Submersive placed multiple clips and trailers, conceived and executed a buzzed-about Valentine’s Day press mailer, and forged a partnership with one of the most popular channels on YouTube, all on the way to a successful release that surpassed studio and industry expectations.
• Submersive debuted and distributed green band and red band trailers, which were featured on over 100 leading film and entertainment sites sites.
• Clips from the film were placed on sites like Entertainment Weekly, Bloody Disgusting, JoBlo, and Indiewire.
• On Valentine’s Day 2017, over 100 members of digital press in New York, LA, and smaller markets across the country
received a severed finger made of red velvet cake. Dozens of journalists shared their finger cakes with followers on social
media, drawing tens of thousands of views.
• Submersive worked with YouTube influencers Fine Brothers Entertainment to create a branded video promoting RAW.
College students tried a selection of raw meat (including human meat?!) and then reacted to the RAW trailer. The video has over 1.2M views and 4.5K comments.
• Director Julia Ducournau was interviewed by top outlets such as AV Club, MoviePilot, The Playlist, Elle.com, Film School Rejects, Dread Central, and Shock Till You Drop, as well as EW.com and Salon.com viaFacebook Live.