Oliver Stone’s SNOWDEN, the thrilling true story of whistleblower Edward Snowden, is about the online space, so Open Road Films partnered with Submersive to prioritize capturing and engaging online audiences for the film’s theatrical release. Positioning SNOWDEN as the first must-see film of the Fall, Submersive partnered with key technology sites as well as the top film and entertainment sites, to build twin narratives – the thrilling real-life story of Edward Snowden, and the larger debate over government surveillance.
• Secured multiple social media opportunities on behalf of the film, including 15-second trailer preview exclusives on Entertainment Weekly and Mashable’s Instagram accounts, Facebook Live chats on Huffington Post Entertainment and MTV, Twitter Video Q&A’s hosted by Twitter, and Reddit AMA’s.
• Exclusive clip placements on sites such as iTunes Trailers, IMDb, People.com, CNET, and Gizmodo.
• Interview exclusives with technology sites such as Ars Technica, CNET, Digital Trends, and Wired.
• Secured exclusive social media partners to share from the red carpet during the premiere including EW for a Snapchat Story, Fandango for their instagram account, AMC Theatres for an exclusive photo album on Facebook, and IMDb for a live Twitter chat with the talent.
• During the release of the first, full-length trailer, Submersive was able to secure placement on over 200 sites, causing the film to trend on Twitter for many hours after its debut.