Focus Features brought on Submersive to run the digital PR campaign for the theatrical release of THE FOREST. Submersive pioneered a strategy of bookending horror coverage with a strong drive Aside from hundreds of features on dozens of horror sites, Submersive secured coverage on top teen, female, and travel sites. These efforts included social takeovers on Glamour’s Instagram, Refinery29’s Snapchat, and custom #ManCrushMonday images featured on Instragram accounts such as Wet Paint, J-14, and Twist Magazine. In its opening weekend the film blew away its tracking projections with over $13MM, then fell just 52% in Week 2.
Coverage highlights include:
• In-studio appearances at Nerdist, IGN, and Young Hollywood
• Natalie Dormer took over Refinery29’s Snapchat account, one of the top featured accounts on the platform.
• Exclusive clip placements on sites such as Perez Hilton and Celebuzz, and social exclusives on TooFab, Cambio, and Clevver.
• Partnered with influential travel bloggers and YouTube channels to create original content based on the film.
• A Submersive-conceived Viewmaster mailer to press that was hailed as “the single coolest / creepiest promotional material I’ve ever received for a film – Fandango”