Submersive teamed with Bleecker Street Films to launch a multi-tiered digital PR campaign for the theatrical release of THE ART OF SELF DEFENSE, and helped make the black comedy one of the most successful openings in Bleecker’s history.
• The film opened with $17K/screen on 7 screens and went on to gross more than $2.2 million, an unqualified success for Bleecker Street.
• Placed 300+ features, including a trailer debut, exclusive clips, interviews, and in-studio video features on top film and entertainment sites such as AV Club, Birth.Movies.Death, Bustle, Consequence of Sound, Den of Geek, EW.com, Fast Company, Glamour, IGN, JoBlo, Nerdist, NPR.org, Rotten Tomatoes, Slant Magazine, SlashFilm, The Daily Beast, The Playlist, The Ringer, Time.com, Uproxx, Vox, and Yahoo! Entertainment.
• Outreached to and received coverage on numerous niche martial arts outlets, including Film Combat Syndicate, Kung Fu-Kingdom, Kung-Fu Movie Guide, The Action Elite, and World of Martial Arts TV, amongst others.
• Secured dozens of in-studio filmed content pieces and interviews with the cast and writer/director with top outlets such as AOL Build, Cheddar, Enter The Dojo With Master Ken, Mashable, POPSUGAR, Shondaland, uInterview, and more.
• Lined up the cast and writer/director on a who’s who of top podcasts & social chats, including Barstool Sports, Cinephile with Adnan Virk, Happy Sad Confused, My Brother, My Brother, and Me, Reddit AMA, and many others.